Day and Home Based Services
Why not follow St Anthony's on Facebook and get updates about our service, events and recruitment?
We provide Day Opportunities for adults at our Community Centre in Walker which includes a variety of daily activities and entertainment for people who would otherwise struggle to get out of the house, or for those who are lonely or isolated.
We provide safe transport to and from home and refreshments and a home cooked lunch are available every day. We offer a wide range of services and activities to support older people and those with disabilities including:
- Laundry service
- Therapeutic activities (hairdressing, aromatherapy and nail treatments)
- Variety of fun activities planned by the people who attend the centre, including bingo, crafts, games etc
- Personal care including bathing
- Armchair exercises
- Outings and day trips
- Toast/tea and a homemade 5 star quality rated lunch
- Takeaway teas are available if requested
Home Care Service
St Anthony's offers support that encompasses people's needs, allows them to remain in the comfort of their own homes and to retain their independence, maintain their dignity, privacy and right to choose how and when their care is delivered.
Our Home Care Service has been providing quality care in the home for over 40 years and we are committed to delivering a service which is person-centred. We take pride in our trained and qualified carers who are dedicated to ensuring service users receive a quality level of care, and have considerable experience in the public and private care sectors.
We have highly trained staff to provide support to people with complex needs such as Dementia, Learning Disabilities as well as long term health conditions. All support is offered in a way that promotes choice and independence
We offer a wide range of services to support older people and those with disabilities to live independently at home including:
- Support with personal care such as bathing and dressing
- Support with medication
- Support to attend hospital appointments and social functions
- Support with domestic taks (preparation of meals, laundry service, shopping, housework, gardening and so on)
- Carer support service (sit in service where carers can take a break from looking after a family member)
- Advocacy and Signposting
- A range of other tasks that enable you to remain living at home