St Anthony of Padua Community Association was established over 30 years ago by the local community to support the people of Walker. Over the years we have grown and are now supporting people across the east end of the city.
We are a charitable organisation with a strong value base. We provide services for and with the community we serve to support continuing independence including daycare, supported house, home care and youth provision.
Our ethos is based on respect and dignity for those we serve and for those who work for us and are committed to ensuring the highest quality of service to meet individual need.
If you are interested in delivering quality care and making a difference to the lives of older people and those with disabilities within our community, we would ask that you consider joining our team. St Anthony of Padua Community Association is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Follow our Facebook page for recruitment updates!
Apprentice Day Care Support Worker
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Day Care Support Worker. Reporting to the Day Care Manager you will be responsible for providing ongoing care and support to service users attending our Day Centre on Welbeck Road, Walker.
- Rate of pay: £3.40 per hour
- One year
- 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm)
- Based at Welbeck Road, Walker
- Undertake an NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care
As an Apprentice Day Care Support Worker will involve working with support staff to help and support Service Users in the delivery of a variety of stimulating daily activities, such as games, reading and trips out. You will also be involved in supporting service users in aspects of personal care when they with us such as serving food, toileting or bathing in line with their personal care plan.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is caring and committed to supporting service users
- Someone who enjoys being with people and are patient and kind
- Someone who treats people with dignity and respect at all times
- Someone with great communication skills and is committed to doing their best at all times
- Someone who is reliable and punctual
Through our continued growth as a leading care provider in the East End of Newcastle we are recruiting for Care Workers to join our dynamic Home Care team working across Walker, Byker, Jesmond and Heaton . As a charitable organisation we wish to invest in our staff and have recently reviewed and improved our terms and conditions in consultation with staff as detailed below:
- Rate of pay: starting at £7.30 per hour for all new staff with rates increasing based on length of service
- Enhanced Bank Holiday Rates
- Contracted and variable hours available
- Paid 2 week induction period including opportunities for shadowing
- Ongoing training and development including NVQs
- Regular staff support including supervision and appraisal
- Travel costs reimbursed including mileage
- Welcoming staff base with complimentary refreshments
Our Care Workers are an integral part of our community and play an essential role in helping people continue to live independently in their own homes for as long as is possible. As a Care Worker you will visit Service Users in their homes to undertake a range of tasks as outlined in the individual personal care plan which has been developed with the Service User. The range of tasks you will undertake will vary from visit to visit, but will include activities such as cleaning, cooking, shopping, support with personal care, administration of medication and/or accompanying service users to get out and about within the community. The service runs seven days a week all year round from 7.00am – 11.00pm. We are introducing mobile devices to support communications including confirmation of staff rotas.
We are looking for:
- people who are caring and committed to supporting people to live independently
- people who enjoy people and who are paitent and kind
- people who treat people with dignity and respect
- people with good communication skills and committed to providing high standards of care
We offer a range of volunteering opportunities within the organisation, these range from practical support with domestic chores to assisting older people to participate in the activities on offer at the day centre. We also provide office based volunteering opportunities.
Volunteering is a great way to support your local community whilst gaining new skills yourself. All volunteers undergo rigorous recruitment and vetting proceedures to ensure they are suitable for working with vulnerable adults and are fully trained and supported.
Please contact us if you would like to offer your support.
St Anthony's recognises the contribution young people can offer within the work place and we regularly provide work experience for school and college students and work placements for Northumbria University social workers.
We also provide a range of apprenticeship opportunities in partnership with local colleges. Please call us for further details.